Before You Start
You need the following to use the Canvas Student app:
- An active PennKey
- A mobile device running iOS or Android
- Membership in a course site
The mobile apps provide quick access to most parts of a Canvas course site or group sub-site, including viewing and downloading of Files as well as view-only access (no saving or downloading) for reading Study.Net Materials. They contain much of the same functionality as the full browser version of Canvas.
Mobile Guides for iOS and Android: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4048
If a Canvas feature is not yet available in the mobile version, switch to a mobile browser on your device, preferably Chrome. You might also choose to subscribe to your Calendar Feed with your preferred mobile calendar app.
When you first log into Penn Canvas through the app:
- In the Find your School or District field, type canvas.upenn.edu and press Go or Next. (You can also select University of Pennsylvania, but do not use "University of Pennsylvania Law School" or "Wharton Online.")
- Log in using your PennKey.
- When you are prompted that Canvas is requesting access to your account, check "Remember my authorization for this service" so the app can log you in automatically.
JD/MBA students and others taking courses on multiple Canvas platforms may want to take advantage of multi-user login capability, which will give you a “Profile” for each Canvas platform you use. Here are instructions for multi-user logins:
- How do I switch to another account in the Canvas app on my iOS device?
- How do I switch to another account in the Canvas app on my Android device?
Study.Net offers its own apps in the iTunes Store, Mac App Store and Google Play, which provide highlighting, annotation and print features, but at this time they don’t work with your PennKey, nor interact with Canvas. Visit www.study.net for more information on these apps.
Contact: Wharton Student Computing located in SH-DH 114 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Phone: (215) 898-8600