Virtual Meetings is a cloud-based cross platform video conferencing service that makes it easy to collaborate with your colleagues. Powered by BlueJeans, Virtual Meetings can be started and joined via a PC, Mac, smartphone, or regular landline (audio only). Each meeting can accommodate up to 100 participants and supports recording of the meeting and screen/media sharing.
All Wharton students, faculty, and staff have access to Virtual Meetings.
Before You Start
You will need the following before you can complete this task:
- an active PennKey account
- Your Wharton address set to "public" in the PennDirectory; see Registration below
- Faculty and Staff: admin access to your devices (to install the app)
Accessing Virtual Meetings
- Go to http://meeting.upenn.edu (You need to have an email address listed in the Penn Directory--see the Registration section below for more information.)
- Click Login
- Type in your Pennkey username and password.
Scheduling a Virtual Meeting
- Log in to Virtual Meetings (http://meeting.upenn.edu )
- Click the Schedule Meeting button.
- Enter a title for your meeting in Meeting Title
- Enter Date and Time.
- Type in the email addresses of your meeting participants.
- Click the Schedule button.
To access Virtual Meetings, you need to make sure you have a Wharton or Penn email address listed in the PennDirectory.
- Navigate to the Penn Directory .
- Log in using the Login button in the top-right of the page.
- Click My Profile in the top-right and click I agree at the popup window.
- Select the Public Profile tab at the top and click select next to the email address field.
- Ensure the checkbox next to your Wharton address is checked and click Submit.
Note: It may take up to 2 hours for your new setting to take effect, and allow you to log into Virtual Meetings/Bluejeans.
Do I need to have an account to participate in a Virtual Meeting?
No, you do not need an account to participate in a meeting. You do need to log in with your Pennkey to schedule or moderate a meeting.
How many participants can be in one meeting?
You can have up to 100 participants in one meeting.
What are the system requirements for using the Virtual Meeting service?
Windows 10, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.10+, Android Devices, and iOS devices.
How can I find more information for how to use the Virtual Meeting service (Bluejeans)?
You can find a user guide that contain information for how to use this service at http://bluejeans.com/support.
Can I set up an International virtual meeting?
There are a number of international numbers available (see http://bluejeans.com/numbers) for attendees who want to phone into your meeting.
Can I use Google Chrome?
Google Chrome will work with BlueJeans but requires an extension for some of the features. For more information, see https://bluejeans.com/chrome.
How can I fix audio/video problems with a call?
For problems with the video quality, try exiting and re-entering the meeting. (Check to see whether you accidently have the mute setting turned on.) For problems with audio, review Bluejean's audio troubleshooting tips.
I'm getting an authentication error, what could be wrong?
There are several reasons you might be getting an authentication error:
- Your email address is unpublished in the Penn Directory. For now, you'll need to publish your email address in Penn's directory in order to be able to use the Bluejeans Virtual Meeting service.
It may take up to 2 hours for your new setting to take effect, and allow you to log into Virtual Meetings/Bluejeans. You can "unpublish" it again after 2 hours and you'll still be able to use the service.
- You don't have a Wharton account, or your account does not include an email address. You'll need to contact our support team for further help.