Information for non-Wharton Penn students taking Wharton classes. All students taking Wharton classes will need to create a Wharton account to use Wharton resources like public computers and software.
Before You StartIf you are creating an account, you must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Active Pennkey Account
- Be enrolled for at least one business day in a Wharton course in the current or upcoming semester
Full-time Wharton student? Start here instead: Create Your Wharton Account.
NOTE: MyWharton access is currently only available to full-time Wharton students.
Creating a Wharton CLASS Account
Students in another college at Penn who are taking a class at Wharton should create a Wharton class account. This account ensures computer lab access and use of educational software specified by faculty. Students will still need to use their Pennkey to log into most Wharton resources.
Create your Class Account Here: https://apps.wharton.upenn.edu/iam/accountcreator/
- Non-Wharton students taking courses in upcoming semesters: Class accounts are generally available one week before the start of the term.
- Allow 1 business day after enrollment before creating your account: You may encounter difficulty using the account creation form on the same day you enroll in a course, or if you have an account already because of recent courses or work at the Wharton School. If you are enrolling by permit and can't add the course through PennInTouch, contact your school's office or registrar to complete your registration the day before creating a class account.
- Auditors and pre-enrollment accounts need faculty permission: If you are a non-Wharton student who is also not enrolling in a Wharton course, but you are taking the class, instructor permission is needed. While many faculty work with Wharton Computing directly to arrange for access, if you have an email related to your permission to attend the course please feel free to forward that to the Student Support Team.
- Wharton accounts are no longer required to access Wharton courses in Canvas.
Account created? Now you can...
Your Wharton account enables you to access the following Wharton services to help with your classwork:
Although you will use your Pennkey account to log into the Wharton public computers, your Wharton account enables you to actually use them. You’ll have access to:
- Personal storage space on the public computers (MyWhartonDrive)
- Software your professor may require for your class work.
Wharton printing services require a Wharton account for access. Use these links to learn more about printing on the Wharton campus:
- Public printing from the Wharton campus printers (using funds from your PennCash account)
- Printing to Wharton campus printers from your laptop (PC or Mac).
Use Penn's Canvas link to access your course material in Canvas. Your Wharton course(s) should show up alongside your other Penn courses.
To see a listing of Wharton courses, consult the list here.