The Wharton Research Data Service (WRDS) is a web-based business data research service. It was developed at Wharton in 1993 to support our faculty's research and is now also used by many other institutions.
Register for a WRDS Account
Full Time Wharton Faculty, Staff, and Students
Full time Faculty, Staff, and Wharton Undergraduate and Masters students can register for a WRDS account using the instructions below. Masters/Undergraduate accounts close after 2 years.
How to Register for an WRDS Account
- Navigate to the WRDS homepage.
- Select Register for a WRDS Account.
- For Institution, select The Wharton School from the drop-down list.
- For Affiliation With Institution, select Masters Student.
NOTE: select this even if you are an Undergraduate student.
- Fill in your First Name, Last Name, and Wharton Email (PennkeyUsername@wharton.upenn.edu) accordingly.
- Type in a desired username & expected date to receive your degree.
NOTE: This can be the same as your PennKey username if that username has not already been taken by another WRDS account. You can also choose to make your WRDS username different than your PennKey username if you'd like.
- Click Register.
- You will be presented with the Registration - Input Check screen. Ensure all of the information you inputted is correct. If so, click Complete Registration.
- You will be presented with the Registration - Account Registered page. You will now need to verify your Wharton Email Account.
- Navigate to your Wharton Email inbox and find the WRDS Access Verification email.
- Click the link provided to verify your Wharton Email.
Other Account Types
See other WRDS accounts types if you're an exchange student, visiting faculty, or from an outside institution.
For login problems contact:
Students: Wharton Computing Student Support.
Faculty: Your Academic Representative (PennKey login required).
Staff: Administrative Support (PennKey login required).
All other support questions:
Contact the WRDS Team.