Google@Wharton – our name for the suite of customized Google-based email and collaboration tools – provides Wharton students with key communication tools. To get the best user experience with your Google account, it is recommended that you install and use Google Chrome.
Before You Start
You will need the following before you can complete this task:
- An active Wharton Gmail account
Your Wharton Gmail address is based on your PennKey username and thus comes in the form of email@example.com. When logging into Gmail.com, please ensure you are typing in your full address (including the @wharton.upenn.edu) instead of just the username.
Your calendar is connected to your Wharton email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). This means that all your classmates also have a Google calendar, and you can see their Free/Busy information if they choose to allow that. This can be a powerful scheduling tool for learning teams and other collaborative projects.
Note: If you forward mail to a personal Gmail address, you will not have the ability to RSVP for event invites sent to your Wharton Gmail address, however you will still be able to add the event to your calendar.
Others from Google Workspace:
Collaborate with your fellow Wharton students using these Google Apps that are tied to your Wharton Account:
Using Google provides Wharton Computing with an opportunity to provide students with a cohesive, communicative ecosystem that includes email, chat, calendaring, document sharing, and document management. It provides:
- Tighter integration between Google and Wharton’s online services: Frequently requested by many students already using Google for their personal online communication and collaboration needs.
- Collaboration: An opportunity for students to collaborate and communicate online in real-time, which is very much in demand for group work.
- Easily Accessible: Provides the ability to access these features anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
In addition, Wharton students who have been using the platform have cited the following benefits as particularly useful:
- Multiple calendars interact together well: Provides benefits such as viewing multiple Google calendars and email accounts in a single browser tab.
- Calendar-sharing options: Allows you to share your calendar with friends or create multiple calendars accessible to other Google users for group work
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support