This article provides explains how to copy content from one course site to another.
Use the import tool
- Canvas provides an import tool that allows you to choose which items to copy. We recommend choosing "Select specific content" instead of copying everything. You can import content repeatedly, so it pays to be conservative.
Review the copied material
- Unpublish or restrict files that should not be visible to students.
- Ensure that all copied assignments and quizzes are published, or unpublished, as you prefer.
- Revise assignments, quizzes and calendar events to ensure they reflect the new due/availability dates.
- You may set new dates by checking "Adjust events and due dates" when importing content. (You can also define day substitutions, like moving all Tuesday items to Wednesdays.) Canvas extrapolates these new dates, but you should carefully review dates for accuracy.
- Check carefully to ensure that all copied group assignments are linked to existing group sets in People.
- Do not attempt to copy the link to Study.Net materials; each coursepack is unique and specific to the course for which it is created.