Due to on-campus restrictions, please see Public Computing Availability During COVID-19 for the most current information.
Before You Start
You might need one or more of the following before you can complete this task:
- An active Wharton account
- A Wharton printing account with sufficient funds
This article provides information on using Wharton's public Workstations to print, scan and copy.
Printing From a Wharton Public Workstation
The process for printing has been significantly updated and detailed directions are being created. Check back soon for more details, or see the Related Articles below for more information.
Copying and Scanning from Wharton's Multifunction Printers
In addition to printing, Wharton's multifunction printers also allow you to make copies, and scan images for sending via email. This service is available on any printers labeled "Multifunction" or "Copy/Print/Scan".
Before you Start:
- Make sure the Swipe terminal attached to the printer is lit. If not, touch it to wake it up.
- Make sure the touchpad on the printer is lit. If not, touch the Power Button (on the Black and White printers) or the Energy Saver button (on the Color printers) to wake it up.
- On the touchpad of the multifunction printer, press Copy.
- Swipe your Penn Card.
- From the Copy menu, choose the options you want. Use the More arrow to navigate through the 3 pages of options available. (For explanations of each option, press the thumbnail next to that option.)
- Place your paper face down on the copier and press Start.
Scan to Email
- On the multifunction printer, press Email.
- On the address screen tap New Recipient. Use the keypad to enter the entire email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press Add, and enter any additional addresses if desired.
- Press Close.
- Place your paper face down on the copier.
- Choose the Subject Line. By default the email subject will be: "Scanned from a Xerox Multifunction Device". To change this, tap "Subject" on the right side of the screen and enter your text.
- Make additional changes if desired by tapping the email options tab and use the keypad to enter the desired text.
- When ready to send, press the Green Start button.
- Press LOG OFF when you are finished.
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support