This article explains how to use the FeedbackFruits learning tool to create a Canvas-based assignment in which students evaluate the performance of other students, either in the section as a whole or, more typically, within a group in that course (such as a project team).
In FeedbackFruits, a peer evaluation assignment is called a group member evaluation, and can be restricted to groups or open to the entire class. Here's how to create one.
1. Create a standard Canvas assignment, but in Submission Type, choose External Tool.
2. In the list that appears, scroll down and click on FeedbackFruits - Group Member Evaluation, then press Select.
3. In the screen that appears, (A) name the assignment, (B) provide instructions for students, (C) configure "Group assignment" either for groups or individuals, and use (D) Configure Groups to choose the proper Canvas group set.
4. Build (A) the feedback criteria, which can be customized with Likert scales, rubrics and open comments, (B) set a deadline by which the reviews should be completed, and (C) decide when, if ever, students should see the evaluation their peers have provided.
5. Set (A) reviewer anonymity, (B) the number of required reviews each student much complete, and even (C) assign some students to particular reviewers. Click Save when finished.
6. You'll be brought back to the external took screen, at which you should choose Select again.
7. Save and publish the assignment
These evaluations take time to configure, so please feel free to ask Courseware for assistance in creating yours.
|TIP: Student view does not yet work with FeedbackFruits assignments. Courseware can help you experience an evaluation as a student would.|