The Wharton One School Group, comprised of students and administrators from the Graduate and Undergraduate Divisions, Wharton Computing and Wharton’s Operations group, established the policies for the use of Group Study Rooms in Huntsman Hall. The students and staff who worked on the project hoped that these policies make it easy for everyone to use the Group Study Rooms and manage the allocation of unused rooms more efficiently for students who want them.
About the Group Study Rooms (GSRs):
- View our instructions for reserving GSRs.
- You can connect your laptop to a GSR monitor using the monitor cables, or connect wirelessly, depending on which GSR you are using.
- USB ports: All GSR computers have USB ports for you to plug in a flash drive.
- All-in-One computers: look on the left side of the computer, about 5 inches from the bottom.
- Desktop Computers: these are stored in the cabinets along the wall. Open the cabinet and plug in the USB drive.
- If you have issues with the GSR, please see our troubleshooting article: Troubleshooting GSRs.
- NOTE: Students from another college at Penn who are taking a Wharton class are not able to reserve GSRs in Huntsman Hall. However, GSRs, as well as multi-media rooms, café study booths, and seminar rooms can be reserved at Van Pelt Library with a Pennkey (click here for more info).
For Group Use Only
Use of the rooms is reserved for groups only. Single individuals using a room (even with a reservation) will be asked to leave if a group wishes to use the room.
Secure a Room via MyWharton
To guarantee a reservation for a room, you must use the online Group Study Room Scheduling System available through MyWharton. You must be a full-time Wharton UGR, MBA, or PHD student to log in to the scheduling website. More about Reserving a GSR.
To ensure access to as many students as possible, you can only reserve GSRs one week in advance in 30-minute time blocks for up to a maximum of 90 minutes.
- you could reserve a room for one 90-minute time slot in a week
- you could schedule one 60-minute slot and one 30-minute slot in one week
- you could schedule three 30-minute slots in one week
Students are only allowed to have 90 minutes of future reservations booked at any time. For example, if you have three 30-minute slots reserved, as soon as that first 30-minute reservation passes you will be able to reserve another 30-minute slot.
Use It or Lose It
Groups who have reserved a room must show up within 10 minutes of their scheduled time. If they don’t, they can lose their room reservation to another group.
Instant On-site Booking of Open Rooms
If you encounter an open GSR, you have a few options from within the GSR app:
- If the room is not currently scheduled, the GSR app will allow you to schedule the room following the instructions below.
- If the room is currently scheduled, the GSR app will display the name of the person who has the room scheduled and the times of the reservation.
- If the group shows up before their 10 minute grace period has expired, you must relinquish the room to them.
- If no one from the originally-scheduled group shows up within 10 minutes, follow the instructions below for "On-Demand" booking.
If a Group Study Room is empty (either because it isn’t currently reserved or because the group that reserved it failed to show up), follow these instructions from within the GSR that you want to reserve:
- Log in to the GSR computer.
- Go to MyWharton.
- Go to the Calendar or My Links and select Book a GSR.
- If no one from the originally-scheduled group shows up within 10 minutes, the GSR app will show an "On-Demand" button at the top which gives you the option to take over their reservation.
- Students are responsible for their own personal belongings
- Windows and doors are not to be covered over with paper or other materials
- Students will be held accountable for the condition of the room and equipment. Usage will be monitored. The respective Student Affairs Office will assist in applying restrictions due to abuse.
Questions or Additional Issues?
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support