Due to on-campus restrictions, please see Public Computing Availability During COVID-19 for the most current information.
This article provides information regarding the logistics of Wharton Printing.
Wharton Printing Account
In order to print documents at Wharton, students will need a Wharton printing account with sufficient funds (print credits and/or PennCash).
- Full-time Wharton MBA students receive an initial free (& non-refundable) credit balance of $40 at the beginning of each semester.
- Full-time Wharton UGR students receive an initial free (& non-refundable) credit balance of $20 at the beginning of each semester.
Wharton Printing credit is always used first -- your PennCash account will only be debited once your Wharton Printing credit is exhausted. Non-Wharton students taking a Wharton class have printing accounts which draw funds automatically from their PennCash account.
- Add Funds: You can add funds to your PennCash account online at the PennCash website.
- Two ways to view your print balance:
- Swipe your PennCard at one of the printers
- Navigate to MyWharton > All Links > Print Credit Balance
Graduating Students & Refunds
- Wharton Printing Credit: Non-transferable and non-refundable; carries over from semester to semester
- PennCash: Upon graduation, any remaining PennCash funds will be reimbursed to you through your bursar's bill. Check your PennCash funds here.
Types of Printers
There are different types of printers throughout Wharton, each with different features and functionality.
- Multi-function Printers (Copy/Print/Scan)
- Black & White or Color
- Print documents
- Make copies
- Scan to email
- Xerox Printers
- Black & White
- Best for printing course packs
|Black & White||Color and Black & White Multifunction |
Printer Row: F76-A, B, D, E, H, I,
Labs: F75-A; F80-A
|Printer Row: F76-F, G|
Adjacent to Printer Row: F76-J, K
Near F45: F35-A
|JMHH 2nd Level|
MBA Lounge: MBALounge-A
|Hallway: 279-B, C|
|JMHH 3rd Level||Labs: 375-A, 380-A||Hallway: 379-B, C|
|Steinberg-Dietrich||Ground Floor: 107-A|
Joe's Cafe: "JoesCafe-A"
Ground Floor: 107-B
Lauder Library: 203-A
|Lippincott Library||2nd floor Yablon Rm: VPL-201-A||2nd Floor: VPL-201-B|
|Basement Lounge, East: VH-Basement-A|
Cost of Printing
|Black & White||Color|
|Double-sided Sheet (2 pages)||$0.10||$0.56|
Printing from a Public Workstation
For instructions on how to print to a Wharton printer from a public workstation, see Public Resources for Print, Scan, and Copy
- Time-Limit: Documents sent to the print queues are held for 5 hours and can be released from any printer.
- Duplex Default: Documents printed on the black and white printers are duplex printed by default. To print single-sided, select the single-sided option from the print options.
Specialty Printing Needs
For specialty printing, such as bound course packs, bulk printing, large format, or specialty papers, there are several options around campus. Popular choices include Campus Copy on Walnut Street and UCS in Houston Hall.
Name cards are available at UCS in Houston Hall for $1.50/card. Please call them at 215-558-6420 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org two hours ahead, and they should be ready for pickup. UCS is located at 3417 Spruce Street, Lower Level, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
Questions or Issues?
Please see our Public Printing Troubleshooting guide here.