Many people now have multiple email addresses, but many software services at Penn rely on a "primary" address for identifying you. For this reason, you will need to choose a primary address and and enter it in the Penn Directory.
Before You Start
You will need one or more of the following before you can complete this task:
- A Pennkey account
- A Wharton account
In most cases, Wharton students will want to set their Wharton address as their Default address. However, here are some situations where that might be different:
- Dual Degree students have two email addresses, one for each degree program.
- Students forwarding to a personal email address may wish to consider which address they prefer to list as a primary address in the Penn Directory.
Services that Use Penn Directory Listing
Keep in mind that the following services use the listing in the Penn Directory as their email address of record:
- Penn Canvas
- Virtual Meetings (Blue Jeans) -- requires a Penn email address as the primary address.
- Penn Emergency Notifications (for Faculty and Staff)
Set Your Default Listing
To make your Wharton email address your default address, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Penn online directory: http://www.upenn.edu/directories/
- Click the Update directory listings link and log in with your Pennkey credentials.
- Click Manage Public Profile
- Edit the Email field to make Wharton your default address.
Students - Wharton Computing Student Support
Faculty - Academic Distributed Representatives
Staff - Administrative Support