MyWharton (my.wharton.upenn.edu) provides a central location for all of the information students need and makes it available on any device. It has been designed from the ground up with student input and in partnership with staff members who interact with students daily.
MyWharton leverages the Salesforce platform being adopted School-wide and will help better utilize data about the Wharton community (students, staff, faculty, alumni) to provide a more personalized portal experience. It has replaced SPIKE, Wharton’s homegrown student portal, which was an integral part of Wharton students' academic lives for well over a decade.
Goals of the MyWharton Project
- Communicate more effectively, reduce email overload, and provide easier access to information.
- Enable students to self-serve and easily access support.
- Improve student satisfaction, feedback, and insights.
- Put a foundation in place to enable a more personalized student experience.
- Support students in maximizing learning across the MBA program lifecycle.
- Replace SPIKE, which wasn’t meeting the needs of students or staff.
Getting Started with MyWharton
To access MyWharton:
- Go to my.wharton.upenn.edu
- Log in with your PennKey and password.
All Undergraduate, MBA, and WEMBA students as well as certain staff designated by each department have access to MyWharton. If you cannot log in, contact:
Depending on which program and role you are in, MyWharton will function slightly differently. Choose your affiliation below for customized instructions on getting started with MyWharton. Note the access date for your particular user type:
Installing the Mobile App
Choose your device below to install the MyWharton app on your mobile device. MyWharton mobile allows you to access the same features as the website and also includes persistent login and notifications.
Students: Wharton Computing Student Support
Staff: MyWharton Support