This is an overview of the MyWharton Community interface for UGR students and staff.
Before You Start
All UGR students and some UGR staff should have access to MyWharton. If you cannot log in, contact:
The MyWharton Dashboard aggregates data and provides links to other areas of MyWharton and Penn/Wharton sites. The numbers on the screenshots correspond to the numbers in the listed items below each image.
MyWharton Dashboard Screenshot Explained:
- My Events – displays events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have opted in to, along with personalized events (such as courses, appointments, GSR reservations).
- Important Dates – upcoming important dates (determined by staff)
- Canvas Assignments – number of assignments due in the next week; links to Canvas dashboard
- Unread Canvas Announcements – number of unread announcements; links to Canvas dashboard
- Checklist To-Do’s – number of items due in the next week; links to Checklist app
- Discussions & Questions – personalized activity feed; contains posts from Community Managers for UGR students
- Latest News & Notices – 3 most recent news & notices posts
- Life at Wharton – display of featured events around the school
- My Groups – list of groups or clubs that the user is a member of (see Groups section below for details)
From the Dashboard page you can also do the following:
- Search MyWharton and related sites for relevant content including help articles.
- Personalize your My Links section to quickly access your favorite student resources.
- View Notifications about important news & notices.
- Customize your Profile and Settings by clicking on your name.
The Calendar page allows students to search events, bookmark events, request rooms, book GSRs, and add events to external calendars (e.g., Outlook, Gmail, etc.). The numbers on the screenshot correspond to the numbers in the listed items below.
- Filter – search for events by date range, topic, group or event type, and different calendar types:
- Wharton Events – Includes your Class, Cohort and/or Cluster group events, along with school-wide events and public events hosted by clubs you are not a member of
- My Calendar – Includes events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have joined, along with personalized events (courses, appointments, GSR reservations)
- Important Dates – Displays key dates set by the UGR program
- Book GSR links to the GSR reservation system and Request a Room links to Operations Room Request form for students.
- Views – list view or calendar view (use calendar view to see past events)
- MyWharton Calendar Feeds – links to a Calendar Feeds page where students can subscribe to or import events from their MyWharton calendar
The Academics page aggregates all of the relevant resources for courses.
- Current Term | Next Term – displays registrations for current/next term (changes to registration will be reflected within 24 hours)
- Degree Information – degree, major, minor, and expected graduation year; dual degree information not included in MVP
- Featured Links - provides other course-related links depending on the student type (e.g., Canvas, Penn Academic Calendar, Syllabi, Wharton Academic Departments, Wharton Course Catalog, Wharton Research Centers)
The Groups page allows UGR students to view the active groups that they belong to. Groups are managed by UGR MyWharton Community Managers.
Click a group name to:
- See group details and members
- Manage notification preferences
- View group activity feed and announcements posted for that group
The People page allows students to search the directory of current student and staff as well as link to Quakernet for alumni.
- List of active users – search by name, home town, profile or industry;
- Link to Quakernet for Alumni
News & Notices
The News & Notices page displays all news and notices from groups that a student belongs to and allows them to search and filter.
- Displays news and notices for all groups user is a member of
- Search news and notices by title
- Filter news and notices by topic or group
The All Links page allows students to organize links to resources across Penn and Wharton.
- Links to resources across Wharton and Penn
- Users can toggle the heart icon next to links to add it to their My Links box
The Support page contains knowledge articles for students to self-service frequently asked questions and other logistical details to help them navigate their Wharton experience.
Staff : Admin Computing Support firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Wharton Student Computing email@example.com