Community Managers (staff), Community Users (staff), MBA students can submit events in the calendar on MyWharton. Currently, only Community Managers can delete calendar events from MyWharton. If you are an MBA student and need to delete an event created in MyWharton, please contact Student Support.
NOTE: UGR students can create club events in Campus Groups and they will sync in MyWharton. WEMBA students should contact their class manager to create events.
Before You Start
You need to be a Community Manager (staff), Community User (staff), or MBA student to add events in MyWharton. You need to be a Community Manager in order to delete calendar events.
Submit Calendar Events
A Word about Campus Groups:
The Campus Groups events feed syncs hourly with MyWharton; however, it may take Google Calendar another 12-24 hours to update. If you create or delete an event in Campus Groups, please allow 12-24 hours for the changes to reflect in MyWharton calendar feeds. For more information about creating and deleting events in Campus Groups, please view their help center.
To submit a new event:
- Login to MyWharton Community (https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/).
- Navigate to the Calendar tab from the main navigation menu.
- Select the Submit Event button.
- Choose one of the four options that fits your event planning needs. Getting speaker approval and requesting space will take you to external Wharton sites outside of MyWharton. Remember to come back and post your event after you have your speaker and space reserved.
- I Need to get Approval for a Speaker: You are hosting and/or planning an event with an external speaker. Please note that each guest speaker for a Wharton event, whether on campus or off-site, must be approved by Wharton Marketing & Communications (and in certain cases by the university) before any invitation is extended by your organization. Questions on this process should be directed to your appropriate Student Life Office.
- I Need to Request Space and Post an Event on the Calendar: You need to request space for your event, and also advertise the event on the calendar. Please create the event first, and then submit your room request.
- I Only Need to Request Space for an Event: You are hosting and/or planning an event and you need to request space within Wharton buildings to accomodate the event. Submitting a request does not guarantee room availability. Please review Wharton Operations room reservation process and policies.
- I Only Need to Post an Event on the Calendar: You have already requested space (if needed) and speaker approval (if required) and you would like to advertise this event on MyWharton.
- Complete the fields for the event. Asterisks (*) indicate a required field:
- *Event Title: Type the title of your event.
- *Event Dates and Location: Start Date and Event Location Name are required, but you can also include an End Date, Address, Location URL, and Venue Information and Directions.
NOTE: The Event Location will only display on the Detail page if the Address field has a value in it.
- *Event Description: Type the text description of your event.
- Select Topic(s) (recommended but not required): Click on the text area for Select Topic(s) to see a full list of topics to choose.
NOTE: If you want your event to show up in the Important Dates section of the MyWharton dashboard, then choose Important as one of your topics here. Only staff with Community Manager privileges can tag an event Important.
- Upload a Featured Photo (recommended by not required): The featured image will appear as a thumbnail with the event link. Recommended image size: 787 x 343 px.
File types supported: JPG, PNG, or GIF.
- *Limit this item to Specific Groups: Choose at least one student group (UGR, MBA, or EMBA) as the audience for the event. If you want it to display to all student groups, then select all three.
- NOTE: You must be a member of the group in order to post an event to that group. If you are not a member, the group will not appear in the drop down. Staff can add themselves to any group by navigating to the Groups page, selecting the group they wish to join, and click Join Group.
- Click Save. If you are the event creator, you should see an Edit Event button so that you can make additional changes after saving.
- The new event will be available to community users in the event list based on the date of the event. Students can search events based on dates, topics, and groups. Events tagged as Important will also show up on the MyWharton dashboard under Important Dates.If you click on the name of the event, you will see the event details that you created:
- Reminder: If you need to reserve on-campus space for your event or get approval for a speaker, please make sure to submit a separate room or speaker approval request from the Calendar Event Planning page.
Delete Calendar Events (Community Manager/Staff Only)
- Log in to MyWharton Community (https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/) and click your name in the right-hand corner and navigate to Community Workspaces.
- Go to the Community Workspaces tile in the upper-left and choose Salesforce Setup.
- Open the app launcher by clicking the Cube icon and select MyWharton Events.
- The default view is Recently Viewed. Change this to All via the drop-down arrow to see a list of all events.
- Note: If navigating this list is cumbersome, you can also search directly for the event in the search bar at the top of the page. Before you search, change the drop-down arrow to MyWharton Events.
- Once you’ve found your event, you can delete it via the drop-down menu to the right:or you can go into the event details and find the Delete option within the drop-down menu.
Contact: Staff Computing Support for staff; Wharton Computing Student Support for students