This article provides guidance for users with new devices needing to reconfigure Two-Step for Pennkey and Google accounts.
Faculty, Staff, and PhD Students
Contact your IT Support Representative for the best option to enroll your new device.
If you no longer have access to your original two-step device (i.e. lost, stolen, or broken), then please follow the instructions in our Two-Step: Account Recovery article.
Before You Start
You may need the DUO Mobile app installed before you follow the instructions below.
Two-Step Verification is an increasingly important aspect of account security. However, sometimes it might not be clear what to do if you've gotten a new phone and need to update your two-step settings.
- On a laptop or desktop, navigate to http://twostep.apps.upenn.edu
- Click Manage Settings
- Login with your PennKey credentials
- Open Duo Mobile and either:
- Approve the push notification
- Enter the 6 digit code
- Scroll down to the Devices section
- Find the Duo Push sub-section and click Unenroll from Duo Push
- Wait for the page to reload and click Enroll in Duo Push in the same sub-section
- Follow the instructions to install Duo Mobile on your new device and either:
- On laptop or desktop: scan the QR code provided
- On Mobile device: copy & paste the URL provided into a web browser
- Congrats-- two-step verification is now setup on your new device!
- On a laptop or desktop, navigate to https://myaccount.google.com
- Login with your Google@Wharton credentials
- Click the Security tab on the left
- Scroll down to Signing in to Google
- Click 2-Step Verification
- Sign-in again with your Google@Wharton credentials
- Add your new device to your account
- Click Add Phone under Voice or text message
- Click Set Up under Authenticator App
- Follow the instructions to enroll your new device
Students - Wharton Computing Student Support
Faculty - Academic Distributed Representatives (login required)
Staff - Administrative Support