To help you keep track of your passwords, the University of Pennsylvania has partnered with LastPass to make this password management software available to all members of the Penn community.
Before You Start
You'll need the following to use the University's version of LastPass:
- A standard Internet Browser
- An active PennKey account
- Your current login credentials to any site you want to add to LastPass
NOTE: Choose a strong but memorable Master Password! If you forget your password, account recovery can be very difficult. If you are unable to go through account recovery, your account will need to be reset (and you may lose all your data)! See LastPass' help site for more details.
University students, staff and faculty can access LastPass premium at:
- Strong Password: When setting up the account, make sure to choose a strong, unique password that isn't used for anything else.
- Add Secure Notes: LastPass is a useful website that can be utilized to keep track of many things, not just passwords. The "Add Secure Note" feature allows you to keep track of information that you need secure and accessible, whether it's a WiFi network login, social security number, or a PIN code.
- Password Recovery: Add a recovery phone # by going to Account Settings -> General -> SMS Account Recovery. This is recommended in case you need to recover the account.
- Extra Security: Add an extra layer of security: Go to Settings and choose Multi-Factor options to add an extra layer of security.
- Chrome Tip: we recommend Chrome users do not use the autofill password option for this website. If anyone has access to the computer, then they'll automatically have access to LastPass, which will then give access to everything on your LastPass account.
For more information, consult the Last Pass user manual at:
Student Note: Students will not lose any data stored in their LastPass Premium account when the subscription expires, but Multi-Factor options will no longer be available.
Students - Wharton Computing Student Support
Faculty - Academic Distributed Representatives
Staff - Administrative Support