The Group Study Room reservation service is available to full-time Wharton students. Any member of your study group who is a full-time Wharton student should be able to make the reservation for the group. Full-time Wharton students can reserve up to 90 minutes at a time in a GSR. You can use your mobile device or your laptop to make the reservation.
About the Group Study Rooms (GSRs):
- Please see the following article on proper usage of the GSRs: Group Study Rooms Policy.
- You can connect your laptop to a GSR monitor using the monitor cables or connect wirelessly, depending on which GSR you are using.
- USB ports: All GSR computers have USB ports for you to plug in a flash drive.
- All-in-One computers: look on the left side of the computer, about 5 inches from the bottom.
- Desktop Computers: these are stored in the cabinets along the wall. Open the cabinet and plug in the USB drive.
- If you have issues with the GSR, please see our troubleshooting article: Troubleshooting GSRs.
Reserving GSRs via MyWharton
- Log into MyWharton https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/ with your PennKey and password.
- Choose the My Links and then Book GSR. This will take you to the GSR Reservation Application (see instructions below).
Using Spaces and the GSR Reservation Application
- Navigate to the Wharton Spaces application. The default view for the application is a list of all your upcoming reservations across all sources, including Group Study Rooms. To reserve a Group Study Room, click on Create Reservation.
- Find the GROUP STUDY ROOM (GSR) section towards the middle left of the Create Reservation page. Click on the building name where you would like to reserve a room. Depending on permissions, you may only see one or two buildings listed; these are the locations where you can reserve a room. Consult the rules for reservations for more information about permissions.
- By default, you'll see the list view of all available rooms for the current day. To reserve a room, click the blue Reserve button. To switch buildings and/or date and time, use the drop-down inputs shown below.
Click Grid View to browse a grid of GSRs. Any available rooms are shown with a + (plus) sign and a green background; a circle with a slash icon on a grey background indicates that the room is unavailable at that particular time. Click on an available room to reserve it.
- After clicking reserve, double-check the information is correct. You can forward a calendar invite to your friends by checking the INVITE OTHERS box and entering their email addresses.
- Click Book Now.
Questions or Additional Issues?
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support