The Group Study Room reservation service is available to full time Wharton students. Any member of your study group who is a full-time Wharton student should be able to make the reservation for the group. Full-time Wharton students can reserve up to 90 minutes at a time in a GSR. You can use your mobile device or your laptop to reserve the resource.
About the Group Study Rooms (GSRs):
- Please see the following article on proper usage of the GSRs: Group Study Rooms Policy.
- You can connect your laptop to a GSR monitor using the monitor cables, or connect wirelessly, depending on which GSR you are using.
- USB ports: All GSR computers have USB ports for you to plug in a flash drive.
- All-in-One computers: look on the left side of the computer, about 5 inches from the bottom.
- Desktop Computers: these are stored in the cabinets along the wall. Open the cabinet and plug in the USB drive.
- If you have issues with the GSR, please see our troubleshooting article: Troubleshooting GSRs.
- NOTE: Students from another college at Penn who are taking a Wharton class are not able to reserve GSRs in Huntsman Hall. However, GSRs, as well as multi-media rooms, café study booths, and seminar rooms can be reserved at Van Pelt Library with a Pennkey (click here for more info).
Using a Computer to Reserve GSRs
Reserving GSRs from MyWharton
- Log into MyWharton https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/ with your Pennkey and password.
- Choose the Calendar tab and then Book GSR. This will take you to the GSR Reservation Application (see instructions below).
- You can also add the Group Study Room reservation app to your My Links section for quick access right from the MyWharton Dashboard.
Using the GSR Reservation Application
- Navigate to the GSR Reservation application. The default view for the application is a list of all available rooms for the current day. To reserve a room, click the green Reserve button. To switch buildings and/or date and time, use the drop down inputs shown below.
- Use the Filters to narrow down your search to specific meeting lengths and start and stop times:
- After clicking reserve, double-check the information is correct and invite friends (optional). Inviting friends will send a calendar invite to the invitees after clicking Book Now:
- Click Book Now.
Optional Grid View - if you prefer the previous grid view over the list view, simply click the Browse All button on the home page. Any available room will show with a + (plus) sign and a green background. Clicking on an available room will load the Book Now page as shown above. Booked rooms will show with a ✔ (check) mark and a purple background. If you would like to zoom out to see more of the grid, click the Zoom button.
Using a Mobile Device to Reserve GSRs
The new GSR booking application is designed to be mobile-friendly. To book rooms on a mobile device using a mobile browser, navigate to https://apps.wharton.upenn.edu/gsr and follow the same instructions as above. For quick access, you can add an icon to your phone's home screen:
- For iOS users - navigate to the app using Safari and tap the Share button at the bottom of the page (the square with the arrow pointing up). Then tap Add to Home Screen.
- For Android users - launch Chrome for Android and open the application. Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Questions or Additional Issues?
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support