The Group Study Room reservation service is available to full time Wharton students. Any member of your study group who is a full-time Wharton student should be able to make the reservation for the group. Full-time Wharton students can reserve up to 90 minutes at a time in a GSR. You can use your mobile device or your laptop to reserve the resource.
About the Group Study Rooms (GSRs):
- Please see the following article on proper usage of the GSRs: Group Study Rooms Policy.
- You can connect your laptop to a GSR monitor using the monitor cables, or connect wirelessly, depending on which GSR you are using.
- USB ports: All GSR computers have USB ports for you to plug in a flash drive.
- All-in-One computers: look on the left side of the computer, about 5 inches from the bottom.
- Desktop Computers: these are stored in the cabinets along the wall. Open the cabinet and plug in the USB drive.
- If you have issues with the GSR, please see our troubleshooting article: Troubleshooting GSRs.
Students from another college at Penn who are taking a Wharton class are not able to reserve GSRs in Huntsman Hall. However, GSRs, as well as multi-media rooms, café study booths, and seminar rooms can be reserved at Van Pelt Library with a PennKey.
Using a Computer to Reserve GSRs
Reserving GSRs from MyWharton
- Log into MyWharton https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/ with your PennKey and password.
- Choose the My Links and then Book GSR. This will take you to the GSR Reservation Application (see instructions below).
- If you don't see Book GSR in My Links, make sure to favorite Book GSR in the Operations and Event Planning section of All Links. Instructions for favoriting links can be found here.
Using Spaces and the GSR Reservation Application
- Navigate to the Wharton Spaces application. The default view for the application is a list of all your upcoming reservations across all sources including Group Study Rooms. To reserve a Group Study Room, click on Create Reservation.
- Once on the Create Reservation page, find the GROUP STUDY ROOM (GSR) towards the middle-left of screen. Choose the building you would like to reserve a room in. Depending on permissions, you may only see one or two buildings in which you are allowed to reserve a room. Please find more information on rules for reservations here.
- The default view for the application is a list of all available rooms for the current day. To reserve a room, click the blue Reserve button. To switch buildings and/or date and time, use the drop down inputs shown below.
- (Optional) After clicking reserve, double-check the information is correct and invite friends. Inviting friends will send a calendar invite to the invitees after clicking Book Now.
- Click Book Now.
Optional Grid View: If you prefer the previous grid view over the list view, simply click the Browse All button on the home page. Any available room will show with a + (plus) sign and a green background. Clicking on an available room will load the Book Now page as shown above. Booked rooms will show with a circle with a slash and a grey background.
Using a Mobile Device to Reserve GSRs
The new GSR booking application is designed to be mobile-friendly. To book rooms on a mobile device using a mobile browser, navigate to https://apps.wharton.upenn.edu/gsr and follow the same instructions as above. For quick access, you can add an icon to your phone's home screen:
- For iOS users: navigate to the app using Safari and tap the Share button at the bottom of the page (the square with the arrow pointing up). Then tap Add to Home Screen.
- For Android users: launch Chrome for Android and open the application. Tap the menu button and tap Add to home screen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Questions or Additional Issues?
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support