These directions work whether you're creating a new Virtual Meeting in Canvas or editing a pre-existing meeting on the Virtual Meeting tab of a Canvas Site.
Keep in mind that only the meeting owner can edit a meeting.
Inviting a Guest to a Virtual Meeting Scheduled within Canvas
It is easy to share your Virtual Meeting information with a guest speaker.
If you scheduled your Virtual Meeting using Canvas, you have two options:
- Sharing a link to the Virtual Meeting.
- Adding the guest speaker to the meeting.
We recommend sharing a link via email, but either method will work.
Share a link to the Virtual Meeting from Canvas
To share the link to your class Virtual Meeting via email with a guest speaker:
- Go to the Canvas course site for the class at which your guest will be speaking.
- Click on Virtual Meetings.
- Click the Join button next to the meeting you’d like to share with a guest in the "New BlueJeans Meetings" section.
- That will launch a BlueJeans meeting in a new tab. Your guest will need the URL displayed in the browser, which looks like this: bluejeans.com/123456789.If you created the meeting, the launch will also append the moderator code to the end of the URL. Using the above URL as an example, if the link included a moderator code it would look like this: bluejeans.com/123456789/2222. Simply share everything before the final / with your guest.
- Select the URL and copy it into an email message to your guest. Send the email and when they click on the link they will be able to join the Virtual Meeting.
Invite a Guest from within Canvas
You can also use Canvas to invite a guest speaker to your Virtual Meeting. Following the below instructions will cause BlueJeans to send an email your guest with the Virtual Meeting details:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Virtual Meeting creation window (for a new Meeting) or the detail window (for a pre-existing meeting) until you see the Members section:
- Click Add Invite under “External Guest Emails". Type in the guest speaker’s email address in the box that appears. If you want to invite more than one guest click Add Invite again to add another; repeat as needed.
- Click Save.
Be sure to use the recommended settings for the rest of the Virtual Meeting.
The recipient will receive an email invitation to join the meeting (this cannot be disabled). Here's a sample of the email so you can tell your guest what to look out for:
The Scheduler’s name will show up in the “From” field of the Bluejeans invite so this should be considered when someone besides the instructor is asked to schedule the meeting.
Inviting a Guest via Meeting.wharton.upenn.edu
You can also gather the information needed to invite your guest speaker to your Virtual Meetings scheduled via meeting.wharton.upenn.edu:
- Log into meeting.wharton.upenn.edu with your PennKey username and password.
- Find the Virtual Meeting you want to invite your guest to in your list of meetings.
- Hover over it with your mouse and click the "..." button.
- Click View Join Details.
- You can copy the meeting URL here or click the Copy Join Details and all the details, including the URL and the call in numbers, will be placed on your clipboard for pasting.
- Paste the URL or the join details into an email to your guest speaker. They will be able to use these details to join your meeting.