This is an overview of the MyWharton Community interface for MBA students and staff.
Before You StartAll MBA students and some MBA staff should have access to MyWharton. If you cannot log in, contact:
The MyWharton Dashboard aggregates data and provides links to other areas of MyWharton and Penn/Wharton sites. The numbers on the screenshots correspond to the numbers in the listed items below each image.
- My Events – Includes events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have joined, along with personalized events (courses, appointments, GSR reservations) and events you create in MyWharton.
- Important Dates – upcoming important dates for your program (determined by staff)
- Canvas Assignments – number of assignments due in the next week; links to Canvas dashboard
- Unread Canvas Announcements – number of unread announcements; links to Canvas dashboard
- Checklist To-Do’s – number of items due in the next week; links to Checklist app
- Discussions & Questions – personalized activity feed; contains posts from MBA Community Managers
- Latest News & Notices – 3 most recent announcements
- Life at Wharton – display of featured events around the school
- Academic Advisor – general contact information on advising for each department;
- My Groups – list of groups that the user is a member of (see Groups section below for details)
From the Dashboard page you can also do the following:
- Search MyWharton and related sites for relevant content including help articles.
- Personalize your My Links section to quickly access your favorite student resources.
- View Notifications about important news & notices.
- Customize your Profile and Settings by clicking on your name.
The Calendar page allows students to search events, bookmark events, request rooms, book GSRs, and add events to external calendars (e.g., Outlook, Gmail, etc.). Community Managers and MBA students can also submit events. The numbers on the screenshot correspond to the numbers in the listed items below.
- Filter – search for events by date range, topic, group or event type, and different calendar types:
- Wharton Events – Includes events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have joined, along with personalized events (courses, appointments, GSR reservations) and events you create in MyWharton.
- My Calendar – Includes events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have joined, along with personalized events (courses, appointments, GSR reservations) and events you create in MyWharton.
- Classes for current term and next term (automatically added; changes reflected within 24 hours)
- Appointments from the Wharton Appointment Scheduler and CareerPath (automatically added; changes reflected within an hour)
- On-Campus Recruiting Interviews from CareerPath (automatically added; changes reflected within 24 hours)
- Bookmarked events you have chosen to display (user has to select "Display" manually bookmark events from the All Events section)
- Events the user has created in MyWharton
- GSR reservations (automatically added)
- Note: Employer Information Sessions and Workshops (from CareerPath) and Campus Group events that a student has RSVP-ed to will not automatically be displayed on My Events (students will need to bookmark the event from All Events to add it to My Events)
- Important Dates – Displays key dates set by the MBA program
- Book GSR links to the GSR reservation system and Request a Room links to Operations Room Request form for students.
- Request a Room – links to Operations Room Request form for students
- Requesting a room and submitting an event are currently two separate process
- Views – list view or calendar view (use calendar view to see past events)
- Submit Event – Community Managers, Wharton staff, and MBA/EMBA students can create events; any events created in Campus Groups will be synced up to MyWharton based on permissions -- e.g., private events will only be viewable by group members in MyWharton but public events will be viewable by all MBAs in MyWharton)
- MyWharton Calendar Feeds – links to a Calendar Feeds page where students can subscribe to or import events from their MyWharton calendar
The Academics page aggregates all of the relevant resources for courses including a link to setup appointments with an academic advisor.
- Current Term | Next Term – displays registrations for current/next term or a link to Course Match if student is not registered (changes to registration will be reflected within 24 hours)
- Academic Advisor – displays student’s Academic Advisor
- Link to Appointment Scheduler – link to schedule an appointment with advisor
- Featured Links - provides other course-related links depending on the student type (e.g., Canvas, Course Match, Syllabi, Wharton Course Catalog, etc.)
- Degree Information – displays degree, major, minor, and expected graduation
The Groups page allows students to view past and present groups, request to join groups, and view groups that they belong to. Groups are managed by MyWharton Community Managers.
Multiple Views of Groups
- Active Groups – displays all groups that have been added to MyWharton
- My Archived Groups – displays past groups that have been archived by MyWharton Community Managers
- My Groups – displays the groups the the user belongs to
- Recently Viewed – displays the most recently viewed groups
- Private – Visible to all community users but users must be group members to view discussions. Users must request to join.
- Public – Publicly available to all community users. Users can view discussions without being a member. Anyone can join.
- Unlisted – Hidden from community users. Users must be invited by the Group Owner or Admin.
Click into a specific group to:
- See group details and members
- Manage notification preferences
- View group activity feed and related content posted for that group
The People page allows students to search the directory of current student and staff as well as link to Quakernet for Alumni. From a user's profile, you can follow or direct message them in MyWharton.
- List of active users – search by name, program, hometown, company or industry; current students and staff
- Link to Quakernet for Alumni
The News & Notices page displays all news and notices from groups that a student belongs to and allows them to search and filter.
- Displays news and notices for all groups user is a member of
- Search news and notices by title
- Filter news and notices by topic or group
The All Links page allows students to organize links to resources across Penn and Wharton.
- Links to resources across Wharton and Penn
- Users can toggle the heart icon next to links to add it to their My Links box
The Support page contains knowledge articles for students to self-service frequently asked questions to help them navigate their Wharton experience. Users can also find a list of topics relevant to their program, along with related content and discussions.
Staff : Admin Computing Support firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Wharton Student Computing email@example.com