Penn+Box is a cloud-based collaboration service for securely managing and sharing files and folders within the Penn community and externally. Penn+Box ensures that University data and intellectual property are securely protected. For more information on the service, see ISC's information page on Penn+Box.
By default, your e-mail address for Penn Box is firstname.lastname@example.org rather than @wharton.upenn.edu; this has the potential to cause confusion when collaborating with other colleagues, as folders shared to your Wharton e-mail address will not appear in Box unless your Wharton e-mail address is listed in Box. To fix this, you will need to set your Wharton e-mail address as an additional e-mail address in Box's settings (see the next section for instructions).
Adding your Wharton E-mail Address to Penn+Box
Before You Start
Be sure that you're able to log into Penn Box using SSO (your PennKey and password), and that you have access to your Wharton e-mail to confirm its addition to Box. If you're unable to, please contact your technical support representative listed at the bottom of this article.
- Log into Penn Box by navigating to the Penn Box site and clicking Continue. You will need to log in with your PennKey and its password, and in some cases use two-factor authentication as well.
- Click your initials in the top-right corner, and click Account Settings.
- Under Login and Email Addresses, click Add Email.
- Enter your Wharton e-mail in the Email Address field that appears (be sure it ends in @wharton.upenn.edu).
- Open your mail client and check for a message from Box to verify your e-mail address. Click the Verify Email button in the e-mail.
- This will open a new browser window that will verify your Wharton e-mail address. Click Continue to Your Account to re-open Box.
- Navigate back to Account Settings (see step 2).
- Verify your e-mail address is listed in the Login and Email Addresses section.
Note: You do not have to make your Wharton e-mail address the primary address on the account. Feel free to leave the default settings. Do not remove your @upenn.edu address, however.
You can review the Penn+Box FAQ on the University's website, or contact your IT representative: