This article is for students who are already viewing their Wharton email in Mail on Mac or Outlook and want to create a backup of their data. For more information on backing up or transferring your Wharton Gmail account data, please see our Transfer/Backup article.
Before You Start
You might need one or more of the following before you can complete this task:
- An Email configured in Mail on Mac or Outlook
- Enough storage space for your Mail data file
Mail on Mac: Export Mailbox as an MBOX File
- In MacMail, click on the mailbox you would like to export on the left hand side in the Mailboxes tab.
- Click on Mailbox in the menubar.
- From the Mailbox menu, Select Export Mailbox... And choose a save location.
- You will now have a MBOX file safely stored on your computer.
Outlook: Export Mail as a PST File
For instructions on exporting Outlook data, please see Microsoft's instructions here.
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support