Before You Start
You will need the following before you can complete this task:
- An active Wharton account
- Access to the Internet
- Wharton faculty, staff or PhD students: FortiClient installed on your device.
Faculty, Staff, and PhD Students
There are two ways to connect to the Wharton VPN using Windows:
- Click on the FortiClient icon in the System Tray.
Click on “Connect to Wharton Users” from the menu.
- The VPN authentication dialog will appear.
Enter your Wharton Username and Password and click “Connect.”
Once the VPN connects this box will automatically close.
- Click on the FortiClient icon in the Start Menu.
- You’ll see a couple of options on the left hand side of the window, however only Remote Access is enabled and will be selected by default.
Enter your Wharton Username and Password. Click “Connect.”
Once the VPN is connected the console will display information related to the connection including the IP address assigned to your session. You can close this window; the VPN will remain connected.
Launching the VPN on a Mac:
- The FortiClient installs a menubar item on your Mac so you can easily connect to the VPN.
Click on the FortiClient icon in the menubar and then click on “Wharton Users.”
- The FortiClient authentication window appears.
Enter your Wharton username and password and click “Connect.”
- Once the VPN connects a notification will appear for few seconds and then go away.