This article explains how to link to files from assignments, pages, or other places in your course site.
Linking to Articles on the Web
To link to a publicly available article on the web:
- Copy the web address of the article.
- Go to the page or assignment in which you want the article link to appear.
- Create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor, then save changes.
Not all publications post their articles on the web in a way that facilitates easy linking, but you may be able to find a link to a licensed web-based copy of the article in Lippincott Library's database. The Lippincott librarians are happy to help you with article links.
Linking to Files you've Posted
Adding files to Canvas is easy, and linking to them is even easier.
To link to a document you uploaded to Files:
- In Canvas, go to the page or assignment in which you want the link to appear.
- Create a file link in a page, then save your changes.