Class Recordings are videos that are uploaded into a Canvas course. To create these videos, Wharton provides a video service, "Panopto" that any member of the Wharton community can use. Faculty members decide which recordings are available on the Canvas sites of their courses. This includes class recordings or other related videos.
Before You Start:
- You will need membership in a Canvas site in which an instructor has recorded synchronous classes or provided other videos.
- While all members of the Wharton community have access to Panopto, not everyone has access to specific areas or videos. Make sure you have logged in once, and then if you still don't see what you're looking for, contact your Wharton Computing representative.
Access to Class Recordings
To view recordings and other videos on a Canvas site, click the Class Recordings tab in the course navigation bar. The first time you use this service through Canvas, you'll be asked to choose Remember my authorization for this service.
If Class Recordings does not load, make sure your web browser does not block cookies. Users of the Apple Safari browser may need to make further adjustments.
Note: Class Recordings are only available for the current semester. To access recordings for a previous semester's class, the instructor must submit the request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to view videos even after logging in, send an issue report or question to:
- Wharton Computing Student Support (if you are a student, phone and chat help is available)
- Wharton CTS Classroom Support (formerly Public Technology; best choice for instructors needing Panopto or recordings help)
Class Recordings are provided at the sole discretion of the instructor and can be taken down at any time. Please verify with the instructor the recording is still available and that you have been given permission to view it before contacting support.
Working with the Panopto Viewer
Step-by-step instructions for all video viewer features can be accessed at:
- Learn About the Features of the Video Viewer (vendor support article)
- Most videos expire after the end of the semester.
- You will not be able to download most videos. In the rare exceptions when that is permitted, you will see a down arrow in the top right of the video page. If you have a technical or a "how to" question about downloading videos contact your IT support team (don't contact your professor for these questions).
- The choice to record/distribute class sessions lies with the instructor.
- Students in the MBA Program for Executives may contact their WEMBA class manager for information about sample class recordings during the drop/add (also see your class group in MyWharton). To ask about access to a recording related to an excused absence from a non-remote-instruction meeting for WEMBA, contact your class manager.