Due to on-campus restrictions, please see Public Computing Availability During COVID-19 for the most current information.
The following article provides an overview of Email Printing, the alternative to Laptop Printing (a.k.a. the Pharos Pop-up Client) for printing from on campus printers. Email Printing works on all supported operating systems to date, including MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
Before You Start (Action Required)
You must register your Wharton address before using Email Printing.
You can register personal addresses for Email Printing too,
Register for Email Printing
Before you can use Email Printing you must register your Wharton address. If you want to register using a personal email, you can do that as well; follow these steps but send the initial email from your personal account.
- From your Wharton email account, send a blank email to email@example.com
- You do not need to include a Subject or Attachment
- You'll receive a welcome email -- Welcome to Wharton EmailPrint!
- Click the link to register and wait for a confirmation email -- Confirmation Required
- Click the link in the confirmation email
- Log in with the following credentials:
- Pennkey username (without @wharton.upenn.edu)
- Wharton Gmail password
Using Email Printing
There are several stages to printing a document.
Preparing your Document
Printing a Document
Color & Duplex Settings
1You must receive this email before going to the printer. The larger the attachment, the longer it will take to render and become available to print.
2Use your Pennkey username (without @wharton.upenn.edu) and your Wharton Gmail password.
Student Tech Center
Support available via in-person (walk-ins & appointments), phone, chat, and email!
Check our KnowledgeBase for list of services, troubleshooting guides, and much more.