MyWharton features are updated on a regular basis. This article lists all the releases in reverse chronological order by semester.
- Data is pre-loaded from admissions applications but non-directory data is hidden until the student logs into MyWharton for the first time.
- Students are able to provide/update preferred first name, name pronunciation (phonetic spelling), email, home town, mobile number, social profile links, a bio/about rich text field, work experience, and education experience.
- Please note the additions of the phonetic spelling field and the about field. These are new with MyWharton profiles and didn’t exist in QuakerNet.
- On the people page students are able to quickly search or filter by program, hometown, work experience company, and work experience industry.
- Most of what is mentioned for students above is also available for staff except for work experience and education experience. There’s a limitation in salesforce that prevents us from using these fields for internal staff. We will be working toward this in the future. However, staff may update the bio/about field for themselves to give a richer description of their background, how they can be helpful to students, etc.
- Staff additionally have the ability to edit the title and program fields on their profile (students are unable to edit these fields).
- We recommend to staff to fill in their title and department for the program field.
- When students see a staff member’s name in a chatter feed/post the program will be listed in parentheses after your name similar to the way students have their program listed after their name. This will help identify the role of the staff member that is posting to chatter. Keep in mind that when you are logged in as a staff member you don’t see the program listed with the staff member in chatter…it’s only displayed when students are logged in.
- There have been some requests to be able to indicate an out of office when a staff member is out of the office for an extended leave. Here’s a few suggestions:
- The preferred first name field could be used to specify out of office (eg “(Out of Office) Jason”). This would show up wherever your first name appears in the interface.
- The program field could be used. Normally program would be displayed after the name in a chatter feed/post like this when students are logged in: “Jason Lehman (Wharton Computing & Information Technology)”. So if you used this field it would show like this in chatter feeds/posts for students “Jason Lehman (Out of Office)”.
- In addition the about field could be used to explain an extended out of office. This would only be seen when visiting a profile but might be helpful if more information is needed like expected return.
- Mobile app improvements for both iOs and Android device allow menu bar to be locked in place (sticky) so users can navigate to any tab at any time without scrolling back to the top of the page
- A fix was applied to the People search page that corrected pagination issues
- Icon updates on the support page
- New events can be created and include chronological end date. (Previously, end dates that occurred in the past could be used)
- Search page improvements allow users to "dial in" focused results
- Salesforce pushed a security improvement to allow timely critical updates
- User only sees the groups that are applicable to them on the groups listing page
- When filtering by Topic or Group you can now select what you want to filter and menu collapses without clicking out
- Users have the ability to display events from the Wharton Events and Important Dates calendars on My Events calendar
- Resolved issue with continuous loading icon appearing when no events available for MyWharton, Important, or My Events
- Fixed Daylight Savings time glitch, in which the calendar component was NOT displaying correct time after March 8th
- Salesforce Spring release required updates to all meta data to ensure continued compliance with "secure by default" approach
- The Help and Feedback form has been updated to route staff user inquires to product team queue in Zendesk, while student inquiries are routed to Student Support Zendesk
- Time zone logic was updated to reflect a users Salesforce setting; it can be changed by user to reflect current geographic location
- Updated My Academics page allows UGR students to view advisor(s) contact information and schedule appointments
- When filtering events by type, users can now click the "type-ahead" suggestions as opposed to selecting a value from the list
- New functionality has been implemented so that once a user logs in to MyWharton, they do not have to log in again when using the GSR app
- On knowledge articles, the summary section no longer displays twice
- On the calendar page, topic, group and event type filters now work correctly
- On the dashboard, search and filtering has been added to the feed
- In the calendar grid view, events are no longer truncated when viewed in a different timezone from the timezone it was created in
- In the calendar grid view, events no longer display an additional 30-minute block
- Added functionality of right-click opening a new tab
- Multi-day all day events now display during each day of the date range, not just the first date
- Downloading an event to your calendar no longer generates an error
- External links are now working correctly
- On mobile view, the calendar filters have been moved to the top of the page and now appear above the list of events
- On the My Academics page, links to course syllabi now work correctly
- On the topic detail page, the search bar has been removed from the topic feed (Salesforce does not currently support search across topics)
- On the dashboard, the My Events component now displays time and location for each event
- For sitewide search, changes have been made to the display of search results for events so that they are now ordered based on relevance by default; you can sort by event date in ascending or descending order
- On the groups page, My Groups is now the default view
- On profiles in chatter posts, department name is now listed in parenthesis for staff; for students, their class affiliation is now listed.
- On the dashboard, the Important Dates component now displays the next 6 important dates (instead of 4)
- On the calendar list view, all day events now appear before events with start and end times
- On the calendar page, we have resolved an issue with filters in which users could see events for groups they were not a member of
- Display and layering issues have been resolved across the site, including issues with feed, detail, and related tabs, the logo on the mobile browser log in screen, and layering on Android devices
- Updates to the database have been made to accommodate University schedule changes (ie Thurs-Fri Class Schedule on Tue-Wed ) so that course schedules now accurately display on those special days
- On the dashboard and support pages, a new component has been implemented to display personalized advisors
- In the site footer, a link to report accessibility issues has been added
- In Community Workspaces, Community Managers can now review dashboards related to chatter activity; these dashboards will update on a daily basis until a long-term fix is put into place by Salesforce.
- On the news and notice page, Community Managers can now create an item and publish it under another author’s name
- In chatter feeds, files can now be accessed by clicking on the file icon in the feed
- On the calendar page, three new calendar feeds have been created under the category of My Events:
- My Group Events Feed: Includes any event posted to a club or group that you have chosen to join, Wharton Events that you have chosen to display on My Events calendar, and any group event that you have created.
- My Courses Feed: Includes only your course schedule.
- My Appointments Feed: Includes any personal appointments like GSR reservations, appointments from Wharton Appointment Scheduler and CareerPath, on-Campus Recruiting Interviews from CareerPath.
- On the news and notice page, we resolved the following issues:
- A post stating the author had changed is no longer automatically created when a change is made to an item
- Community Managers can now schedule an item to be posted later on the same day
- Items will not be archived at the correct time
- On the dashboard and support pages, contact information for MBA advisors now links to their profile
- On the dashboard, a callout has been added for MBA users that specifies hours of operation
- In group feeds, we removed the automatic trigger that created a post in the feed when a news and notice item was added to that group.
- On the dashboard, a new design has been implemented, including a personalized welcome message and repositioned action items
- A new integration has been implemented that syncs student club events in CareerPath with MyWharton
- The announcement feature has been renamed "News & Notices"
- Help text has been added to pages in the community to provide instructions and clarification
- All Links have been recategorized
- A link to "View Computing Support" has been added to the Support page for MBA users
- New topics have been added to the community (Lippincott Library and Digital Health)
- On the people page in the Android and iOS apps, profile photos now display
- On the calendar page, users are now defaulted into the Wharton Events view when visiting that page for the first time upon log in
- On the calendar feeds page, staff can now subscribe to an "Administrative Events" feed to see all events in the community, regardless of group membership
- The MyWharton logo at the top of each page now links to the dashboard
- On the dashboard, Important Dates now display in mobile
- On the calendar page, all event type filters are now visible
- Staff can now subscribe to mailing lists for topics through the mailing list app to receive notifications when events are added and/or modified with a particular topic
- On the calendar page, the filter box is now collapsed by default in mobile view
- On the dashboard and calendar pages, references to My Calendar have been changed to My Events
- Formatting changes have been made including new labels for Discussions & Questions and Latest Announcements on the dashboard, along with formatting on the calendar filter text
- On the file page, tabs have been relabeled for WEMBA staff
- On the calendar page, staff can now create events with the Important Date event type
- On the calendar feeds page, feeds are now available that reflect the new calendar structure (https://mywharton.wharton.upenn.edu/s/event-feeds)
- On the support page, an audience-specific listing of topics has been added
- In My Links for MBAs, an integration has been created to add designated quick links
- On the group detail and topic detail pages, new designs have been implemented that aggregate content relevant to that particular topic or group
- In the MBA Inside drop down link, new MBA Careers & Recruiting and Advising Support Network landing pages have been created Enhancements have been made to how profile information is displayed on a community profile
- Community Managers can now create Announcements that post to the dashboard
- On the group detail and topic detail pages, a message has been added across the top of the page that indicates whether the page is public or private
- Multi-day all day events now span across relevant days in calendar grid view
- New topics are now available in the community
- On profile pages, enhancements have been made as to how profile information is displayed
- On the calendar page, users can now create an all day event for the current date
- Based on feedback, we’ve made several changes to the calendar experience in MyWharton, including the ability to view multiple calendars at one time. We’ve just released new functionality that enables users to toggle on and off the calendar(s) they wish to view.
- Additionally, we’ve adjusted the calendar names and events that display on each calendar based on feedback:
- Wharton Events now displays events related to your class, cohort and/or cluster groups, along with school-wide events and public events hosted by clubs you are not a member of. You can choose to display any of these events on your My Events calendar.
- My Events now displays events for clubs you are a member of, or other groups you have opted in to, along with personalized events (such as courses, appointments, GSR reservations) and any events you’ve created in MyWharton.
- Important Dates continues to display key dates and milestones as set by program administrators. You can choose to display any of these events on your My Events calendar.
- On the calendar page, new event types have been created to replace topics previously being used to identify events; users can now filter the calendar by event type, and can also specify an event type when adding events to the calendar.
- On the calendar page, all day events created in Pacific Time now appear on the correct day when viewing the calendar in Eastern Time
- On the dashboard, an update was made to the Action Items refresh to improve accuracy of data display
- For events in the calendar entered in Pacific time with a late start time, the wrong date was displaying on the list view. This has been fixed
- On the calendar, formatting for event descriptions coming from Campus Groups has been improved
- On profile pages, multiple degree information and majors are now displayed for students
- Sitewide search will now return quick links
- On the people page, the description at the top was updated to reduce confusion between MyWharton and Quakernet directories
- On My Academics page, the CU text display no longer overlaps
- On the calendar page, changing the number of events displayed on list view no longer impacts the number of events displayed on the dashboard
- On the calendar page, formatting changes have been made to optimize the list view for mobile
- On the people page, Coveo search has been implemented with updated filters and search
- On the people page, a UI element has been added to the top of the page to direct users to Wharton Directory for alumni search; text has been added to the search field on this page that clarifies the scope of search
- On the calendar page, multi-day events now include an end date when displayed in the calendar list view, and will display on every day within the start/end dates
- On the dashboard, Action Items (ie Canvas and Checklist) now refresh daily for each user that hasn’t logged in within past 12 hours to ensure accurate display of data
- The following sites have been added to sitewide search within MyWharton: https://mbacareers.wharton.upenn.edu/, https://leadership.wharton.upenn.edu/, https://operations.wharton.upenn.edu/, https://marcomm.wharton.upenn.edu/, https://mbastudentlife.wharton.upenn.edu/
- On the My Academics page, changes have been made to the page layout to optimize it for mobile display
- On the dashboard and calendar pages, all day events now display as an all day event regardless of user's timezone
- On the calendar page, filters now persistent when navigating between list view and calendar view
- In the digest emails, clicking on an Announcement hyperlink now directs to the Announcement in MyWharton
- On the calendar page, autocomplete has been turned off on the topic field
- On the calendar page, clicking on Important Dates now clears all previously set filters
- On an event detail page, clicking on “Display” and “Don’t Display” buttons now consistently adds or removes the event from “My Calendar”
- Coveo search issues have been resolved, so that users now see appropriate user profiles, quick links, chatter content, announcements and knowledge articles when searching across the community. They no longer see events they do not have access to.
- On the calendar page, a spinning loading icon has been implemented when a date filter is applied
- On the event detail page, a new field for Event Sponsor has been added for events imported from Campus Groups
- If a student updates their first name to a preferred name in Quakernet, the preferred name will now be displayed in the first name on their profile in MyWharton
- On the calendar page, event details now consistently load when the page is refreshed
- On the event detail page, bulleted lists now display in the event description
- On the calendar page, minor formatting improvements have been made, including updated language on the “clear filters” button; increasing the size of the date on the event detail screen; and adding text into the site wide search bar
- A description has been added so MyWharton will be returned in Google search results
- On the calendar page, grid view now loads when a user clicks into event detail, and then back on the browser
- On the dashboard, a fix has been put in place for events and action items occasionally not refreshing upon login
- On the calendar page, grid view now consistently loads a monthly calendar view; users can change the display to weekly or daily
- On the event detail page, event details load automatically without having to refresh the page.
- On the calendar page, the course schedule topic now filters events tagged with “Course Schedule"
- On the user profile menu, My Messages now consistently displays
- On the calendar page, users can now navigate to past events on the calendar by selecting the back button (<) from the calendar grid view
- On the calendar page, a drop down has been added that enables the user to control the number of events displayed; by default, 15 events will be displayed; “First” and “Last” buttons have also been added to enable users to quickly navigate to those pages
- On the dashboard, new functionality is available for system administrators to post alerts
- On the My Academics page, Current Term courses and Previous Term courses now display on the appropriate tabs
- Executive MBA admitted students can now log in with their Pennkey credentials (in addition to their Salesforce credential).
- On the navigation bar, the "Files" menu item was removed for Undergraduate and MBA student users
- On the calendar page, a link to a new page was added to display "Quiet Study Space"
- On the calendar feed page, the "Download All Events" option was removed
- On the dashboard, the Important Dates component now displays the next 6 Important Dates regardless of how the user navigates through Important Dates from the calendar page
- On the calendar page, you can now open an event detail and return back to your previous page (instead of being returned to the beginning of the event list and losing your filters)
- On the calendar page, we have temporarily removed past events and are working on a new solution to display them