UGR, MBA, and EMBA MyWharton Community Managers can emulate students in order to see what the MyWharton Community looks like from a student's perspective. This may be helpful if you are trying to troubleshoot a specific user case or view interactions from a particular student type's perspective (announcements, knowledge articles, posts, events).
Before You Start
You must have Community Manager privileges to emulate students in MyWharton.
How to Emulate a Student in MyWharton Community
To emulate a student:
- Log in to the Wharton Salesforce instance (https://wharton-hub.my.salesforce.com/) and choose Contacts. You'll see a list of your most recently viewed student profiles. You can also use the search bar at the top to find students of a specific type (e.g., search "MBA", "undergrad", or "EMBA") or even a specific student (if you are troubleshooting).
- When you've found the specific student or student type that you want to emulate, click on their name to view their user profile.
- In the user profile, click the triangle in the upper right-hand corner to view the Log into Community as User option.
- You will now be logged into MyWharton Community as that specific user as indicated in the upper right-hand corner.
- To return back to the Wharton Salesforce instance, logout of the user's MyWharton account.
Contact: Staff Computing Support