Before You Start
You will need one or more of the following before you can complete this task:
- A PennKey Account:
Test your PennKey
There are a few common problems students run into when trying to create accounts; here they are along with some suggested solutions.
If any of the below solutions do not solve your issue, feel free to reach out to Wharton Computing Student Support.
Page does not load
Clear your web browser's cached files or use a different browser.
- Internet Explorer: From the Browser's Tools menu, choose Internet Options. From the Browsing History section choose Delete , and from the Temporary Internet Files category choose Delete . Be sure you are using a recent version (8 or 9).
- Firefox: From the Browser's History menu, choose Clear Recent History, and choose Clear Cookies and Cache.
- Safari: From the Browser's History Menu choose Clear History
- Google Chrome: From the browser's Chrome menu, choose Preferences => History. Choose Clear Browsing Data
"You are unauthorized to create a Wharton account"
Wharton accounts only become available after you have created your PennKey account -- confirm that you have created your PennKey account successfully, wait 24 hours and try again.
"Can't create Account; Account Already Exists" OR "There is already an account in your name"
Our system may already have a record of you. Please submit the following information to the Student Support Team:
- PennKey/Wharton username (they are the same)
- PennID number
- Type of Student (e.g. MBA, Undergrad, Certificate program, newly admitted/transfer student)
Please do not send your password in email.
"We're sorry. Our records indicate that you are ineligible to receive a Wharton Account through the Early Accounts Program."
You'll need to check with the appropriate Program office (MBA, Undergraduate, MBA Executive) to make sure your student information and expected graduation date has been uploaded properly. Here are their websites with contact information:
MBA Program Office
Undergraduate Program Office
"We're sorry. Our records indicate that you are ineligible to receive a Wharton Account through the Class Accounts Program."
This error generally means your registration information has not yet been sent to Wharton by the University Registrar. If you registered for the course more than a week ago, you should contact your school's advising office to check your registration.
For help, please contact your respective IT Support Representatives. Their contact information can be found at the links below: