All of Wharton's public computers have SKYPE available. Google Hangout is also available in the Ground Floor workstations located at the end of the ramp at the Walnut Street Entrance of Huntsman Hall. They are Windows 10 touch screens with the basic Public Computing image which includes Firefox, Chrome and Skype.
Before You Start
To use these stations you'll need the following:
- A valid PennKey and password
- A Wharton account
- A headset with microphone, and either USBC, USB3, or headphone connector.
Using the Ground Floor Conference Stations
The Skype / Google Hangout stations are located on the Ground Level of JMHH, tucked behind the Timeline wall. You must have a wired headset for audio
Note: Bluetooth is not supported.
- Plug your headphones into the appropriate USB or headphone connector as indicated in the picture below:
- Open Skype or the Google Hangout website and either create a new account (free) or log in with your existing account.
- Make sure that the computer’s sound is turned on by checking the system sound icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the call type (Video or Phone call)
- Begin your conference!
Questions or Issues?
Contact: Wharton Computing Student Support
Call: (215) 898-8600